About Us & Our Mission
In 1997 some preaching brothers of like theological persuasion met in Arverne Queens, New York for the purpose of organizing a ministry designed to meet the rising spiritual, sociological and scholastic needs of our churches. The organization was finally named S.A.F.E. (Scholarship, Apologetics, Fellowship and Evangelism). Our vision is to bring enlightenment to the scriptures so that those who attend our solemn assemblies will become true disciples…being able to stand firm in what they have been taught-without wavering.
We believe strongly that:
- Mankind is born totally depraved. He is completely unable to cope with his sinful condition in a manner to gain or contribute to his salvation. (Study Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-3; Psalm 58.3.) Salvation is all of God.
- The ones who are or will be saved were unconditionally elected/ chosen unto salvation before the foundation of the world-not conditioned on anything man would do but totally by the good and pleasure of God. God’s elect was predestined to eternal life (Study Ephesians 1:3-6; Romans 8:29;Romans 9:10-24; Romans 11:7).
- Jesus came to purchase salvation of the ones chosen by God and He did it bythe shedding of His blood on the Cross of Calvary. (Study John 6:35-40; John 17: 1-26.)
- The chosen/elect of God are irresistibly drawn to Christ by the cords of God’s love through the power of the Holy Spirit. Salvation is based totally upon God’s free will and because God is omnipotent His grace cannot be resisted when He sends His effectual call. (Study Romans 8:14; Ezekiel 36:26-27;John 5:21; II Corinthians 5:17-18.)
- Once an individual is saved by the grace of God that individual can never lose his/her salvation. (Study John 6:37-39; John 10:28; John 17:2)
The ministries currently include education, missions, and an annual conference.
Education: Through the North American School of Theology (founded by Doctors A. Jay and Shirley Wimberly) S.A.F.E. Ministries, Inc offers classes in the U.S. Virgin Islands and the lower Caribbean Islands; Kenya East Africa; Uganda; Queens, New York; Riverdale, Georgia and Knoxville, Tennessee. The vision is to start schools in Tanzania and Rwanda by 2016 and different cities within the United States as the demand warrants.
Missions: By partnering with Churches, Associations and Conventions,S.A.F.E. Ministries, Inc. supports an orphanage in Salama Kenya, East Africa. Land has been purchased for growing crops to feed the orphans.
Annual Conference: Since inception, S.A.F.E. Ministries Inc. has met annually for the purpose of studying together and fellowshipping with those of like theological persuasion.
The officers of S.A.F.E. Ministries, Inc. are:
- President, Dr. Joe B. Maddox, Pastor-Teacher, New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, and President of North American School of Theology, Knoxville, Tennessee;
- Vice President, Dr. James D. Williams, Pastor-Teacher, St. John Baptist Church, Arverne Queens, New York
- Secretary, Pastor Alfred E. Blount, Pastor-Teacher, Tried Stone Missionary Baptist Church, Asheville, North Carolina;
- Treasurer, Pastor Timothy L. Maddox, Pastor-Teacher, Mountain Hill Missionary Baptist Church, Hamilton, Georgia. A conference is held yearly on Tuesday-Thursday after the 4th Sunday in June.